Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Date At The Park!

On Saturday, while Daddy, Grandpa, Uncle Adam and Auntie Leah went to the Yankee vs. Orioles game in Tampa after stopping by to see Jonah give his grand send-off wearing the Yankee outfit Grandpa got him...we had a play date with Liz and baby Abby at the park!

It had been a while since we saw them and alth
ough Abby and Jonah's schedules were a bit off we managed to get some time together. We spread out a blanket on ground where we thought wouldn't be too wet from the torrential rain just the day before and put some toys around to play with. I think Jonah was definitely more interested in Abby then his toys! It was so cute how curious he was about her!!! Jonah went after her hands and her toes and even "made nice" to her head full of hair, though I had to stop him from grabbing her beautiful flower bow. Abby was so calm and laid back about him touching her, it was sweet! They also seemed to like each others toys since they were new to one another and despite Liz and my efforts to stop them, they managed to get everything in their mouths! :) It was a short but fun visit! Hopefully we'll do it again before they leave for Baltimore.

Once Liz left to get Abby down for her nap, Jo
nah and I played some more on the blanket. I was surprised that he didn't venture off the blanket onto the grass, but I think it's because there was too much to look at and distract him. The noise from the wind in the trees and all the people walking by were enough to keep his curious mind busy. Then we ventured to the play ground and had fun on the swings. Jonah was always checking out the other children around him. I can't wait to get him into a play group this summer....I realized this weekend how curious and how much he wants to know about other babies, it's so cute!

Jonah is listening to Abby sing to him. Ahhh, ahhh, ahhh! :)
Now Jonah wants a hug!
...and to touch Abby's flowing locks.
...and her toes.So cute together!This one cracks me up, the sun was in their eyes! What faces! :)
I love this profile shot....

3 comments:

  1. I love the hug picture! It looks like Lil Miss Abby is going to cut some teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures.... especially the hugging one. Thanks for posting and hope you don't mind that I put some pics on my blog! :)

    Carol, when will the teeth ever appear?! I felt again tonight in the tub and nothing....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind at all Liz! Thanks for the sweet comments ladies! :)

    ReplyDelete