Wednesday, February 24, 2010

No More Peas, Please!

Jonah started solids last week and what an adventure it has been! We started with rice cereal again and peas. I figured since he doesn't really know any better, we might as well try the "yucky" stuff first...Well, the first day was awful. Jonah was not happy with any of it. The second day was slightly better, but still not great. By the third and fourth day of peas, Jonah seemed to tolerate it and actually ate a few good spoonfuls. Day five we moved on to sweet potato! I pureed a fresh one which makes me happier than using the baby jars and so far Jonah has done okay with it, much better than the peas, but I still can't say he's thrilled with eating yet. It's definitely slow going. That's fine for me, I have no intention of rushing him or forcing him to eat more than a few tiny spoonfuls if that's all he takes for now. Maybe he'll like fruit better....hmmmm!
This was day #1
"Oh Mommy, what is this stuff you're giving me! Yucky!"
"Okay, give me. I'll try it...."
After the 4th spoonful, Jonah definitely had enough. He closed his mouth real tight!
"No more peas, please!!!"By day 4, Jonah did much better....
Giving him another spoon to "help" seemed to work also!
We were at Grandma's house so Jonah had lots of people around him making him laugh while I stuck a spoonful in his mouth. He seemed happier though :)
All over the face, all over the place...Then there was a Sweet Potato....
"Okay, Mommy...it's not too bad and I can feed myself in my big boy highchair, see!"
All done now! Jonah's way of telling me he's had enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment