Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Weekend Fun

Jonah is doing lots of cute things these days. He is just starting to sit up on his own by pushing himself up. I have seen him do it twice so far, which means that Mommy and Daddy will have to lower the mattress on the crib very soon! He's babbling more and more, "eating" his toes, scooting across the room, and even trying to pull up on things. It's getting a little hazardous with him moving so much, our eyes have to be on him every second! Jonah also loves playing with his toys. Lately, he is very entertained with his stacking cups. Every time I build them up, he will make his way over from anywhere in the room to knock them down. Of course, we shout out "YAY" when he does and he smiles proudly :) Jonah also started something really funny this weekend...Since he hasn't quite figured out how to point to what he wants with his fingers yet and since everything is in and out of his mouth, he's been showing what he wants by curling up his lips and stretching forward with his head, using his mouth to show us. It's very cute and hysterical to see!
As far as Jonah sleeping at
night, it is definitely much better than it use to be. Jonah has made it several nights sleeping straight through from about 7:30/8:00pm until 5am. He even slept all the way until 7:00am one morning. Though there are still nights in between where he wakes up around 2 or 3am and cries on and off for 25-30 minutes, with us checking in on him of course. It's still torture for me to hear, but just when I'm about to give in and get him, he's back asleep. So basically it's going day by day, or night by night and I am no longer feeding him until sometime in the morning, not the middle of the night anymore. I know it's what we have to do...Jonah needs his sleep and so do we!
With the weather finally getting a little warmer, we took advantage of being outside last weekend. On Sunday morning Daddy, Mommy and Jonah went for a long walk on the legacy trail by our house and then took Jonah to his favorite spot so far....the swings. In the evening we also celebrated Uncle Adam's birthday! It's been a fun filled week, playing and watching Jonah explore the world around him. :)

Jonah loves putting his toes in his mouth...they are yummy after all :)
Outside on the swings! Jonah is always happy here!
He is so curious about everything around him, it's so endearing. :)
I know you can't see his face here, but I love how he's looking down. You can see his long eyelashes...."Push me higher, Daddy!"Weeeeeee.....For Uncle Adam's birthday, Jonah wore Gator colors and baseball....
Can you believe Grandma has had that He-Man blanket since Adam was a little guy... it was his 28th birthday!
Happy Birthday, Uncle Adam!!!Here are the stacking cups, I mentioned. Jonah loves knocking them down. Get em Jonah!And...boom!And again...going, going...
gone.....

No comments:

Post a Comment