Monday, May 24, 2010

White Coat!

We took our first road trip with Jonah this past weekend and I have to say that despite it being a non-stop weekend and all of us being really exhausted, Jonah was a great little traveler. We went up to Gainesville to visit Leah (my sister) who has just finished her second year of medical school. She had her "White Coat" ceremony on Sunday where she received her white lab coat and will soon begin the clinical part of medical school. So, it's a huge deal and we wanted to be there for her. Luckily, Jonah slept more than half way there and after finally getting comfortable most of the way home late Sunday night. It was rough coming back so late..."Thank you, Daddy for getting us home safely!"

Jonah loves being around our family and knowing that he is the center of attention so he was happily entertained or happily entertaining depending on the time of day. And after an initial breakdown when we were getting to into the auditorium for the ceremony, he was sooo good! He was hungry, what do you expect! After a quick nursing, some juice, and lots of fruit from the reception, oh and puff later on, Jonah was great! I had brought in some quiet toys for him and one of his favorite books. "I Love You, Through and Through", plus we even had a 4 year old boy sitting with his mother in front of us, playing with Jonah. He was showing him how to shake his hand, even fed him puff (it was too funny), and played peek-a-boo with him. Considering I heard several other babies screaming and crying, Jonah's babbling was wonderful and very appropriate. After the ceremony we received plenty of compliments from people who had been admiring our little man from afar. It made me feel proud!
Overall it was a fun weekend, we stayed at a hotel, went out to eat, swam in the pool, even had waffles and peach yogurt for breakfast...Oh and how could I forget...ice cream for desert, so spoiled by Grandpa! ;) It was nice to do a "first" road trip with so many helping hands! And we are so happy that we could be there to see Leah reach this huge accomplishment in her life, we are so proud of her too!
Out to dinner at "Chop Stix". Jonah loved roaring with the lion!
Watching the sunset view....family opp!
All dressed up for the ceremony...Oh, so handsome!
The whole gang!!!
Jonah curiously looking around...
What did I tell you...Grandpa spoiling Jonah with ice cream! And he certainly likes it!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Very cute, Michelle! I love the family picture...print it and frame it!

    ReplyDelete