Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Yay for Watermelon!

Well, the hubby came up with this cute idea of bringing home a big watermelon for Jonah and letting him make a mess with it! Last night Jonah tried some watermelon for the first time and loved it. Jimmy cut a couple of big slices while I undressed Jonah to his diaper, knowing this would be getting messy. We put Jonah on the floor with the watermelon and let him go at it. He loved it so much that he mopped the tiles with it! ;) Yes, after eating a bit of it, which he seemed to really like, he sat discovering the wet, juicy texture of it. He mushed, squeezed, and smashed it as much as he could. He even used a piece like a car and made it go "Vroom, Vroom" all over the floor. Oh, it was messy....and fun and so great to watch Jonah's reaction to experiencing something new! He was all laughs, giggles, and screams of joy!

I took so many pictures, I had to collage them all....
Here's Jonah have a blast with his first taste of Watermelon :)

3 comments:

  1. These pictures are so sweet!! I need to try this with Abby.... good thing grocery shopping is in the near future!

    We are home... getting settled in... can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun discovering new foods can be! This reminds me that I owe you an email...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out my blog... I tagged you and your it!!

    ReplyDelete